Althon Precast Headwalls and Water Management
Althon Limited manufacture and distribute specialist water management products to the construction industry. We design and manufacture precast concrete headwalls to meet Sewers for Adoption and Severn Trent Guidelines. Our product range includes flap valves, penstocks and stop logs as well as trash screens and outfall safety grilles. Althon also manufacture precast concrete penstock chambers and offer a large range of commercial and industrial application drainage channels.
Althon manufacture the largest range of precast concrete headwalls in the UK for pipes, culverts and box culverts. Precast headwalls are an important part of most SUDS drainage schemes, preventing erosion at the point of discharge into watercourses such as attenuation ponds, detention basins, rivers, ditches and swales.
All models can be factory fitted with a range of accessories such as flap valves, penstocks, Kee Klamp® handrails as well as a selection of gratings and ladders and other flow control methods such as dissipation blocks and cascade panels.
Althon Headwall Drainage Standards & Guidelines
• Designed to BS EN 1992-1-1 (EC2) standards
• Manufactured to BS EN 15258 & BS EN 13369 standards
• Severn Trent Water specifications for rectangular precast outfalls
• Anglian Water approved headwalls
• Angled ranges that meets the Environment Agency’s ‘Standard rules SR2015 No 27’
• Selected ranges meet the Sewers for Adoption 7th Edition guidelines to be adopted by local Water Authorities & comply with the Water Industry Regulations 2011